Muna Kids English Circle
We held our first Muna Kids English Circle for Winter 2018/2019 on December 1st. For this season we have begun accepting older kids up to elementary grade 4. There were some first time members and everyone looked a little bit shy but we hope they enjoyed our Muna style games!
Crazy 8s / UNO [Elementary Class]
In the elementary class we played “Crazy 8s” and “UNO”. “Crazy 8s” is a classic card game which uses some basic rules you may know from “UNO”. It’s a simple version of “UNO”, so it can be said that even young kindergarten aged kids can enjoy it, too. Since there were many kids with kindergarten aged siblings, we hope they can play the game at home with their parents.
Pictionary/Charades [Kindergarten Class]
In the Kindergarten class, we had a lesson which focused on phonics. At first the kids practiced a phonics song. Many kids moved their bodies while singing the song. We played Pictionary and Charades by using the words from the song. We and the parents enjoyed the kids’ original artistic tastes.
Parent Discussion Time [Kindergarten Class]
In the Kindergarten class, we talked about phonics. This is actually from a previous blog, but we’ll share it again about how important it is to understand what phonics is.
- Phonics helps all 4 skills (speaking, listening, writing, and reading).
- By learning phonics, you can pronounce clear English instead of Katakana English, and gain the basics to be able to listen to native speakers’ English.
- You can understand how to spell English words by “sounding them out” and you won’t struggle to learn how to read and write in English.
Please continue using phonics at home too!
The next Muna Kids English Circle will be held on Sunday, December 16th at Tsukiminosato.
- 9:30 – 10:30 – Elementary School Kids Lesson
- 10:45 – 11:45 – Kindergarten Kids Lesson
Please come out and try Muna style English conversation lessons. We’re looking forward to seeing more new members!
Apply now! ↓↓↓